Design a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Search This Blog

Thursday 28 February 2008

Nettle Juice !!!!

There are fresh young nettles shooting out all over the place, definately wild definately green!
I have juiced them for the first time. The juice was dark green and very strong looking. The first sip was okay, maybe even quite nice, the second I thought 'YUCK'. I then offered some to Griff who took a swig said it was great before hiding a grimace. He then said he never tasted anything that felt like it was doing him so much good!
I knocked back the rest and it has a odd flavour almost salty like seawater. I guess it is due to the high mineral content.
Overall it was a good experience that I will try again but there was a lot of waste and the pulp was still very very green, which means it is still packed full of chlorophyll. I have soaked it all in water and I think I will either blend it and strain to drink or make it into a green smoothie. Must get myself a VITAMIX !!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! :) I use to drink nettle tea and I felt tingly afterward. I think I may start drinking at again as a spring tonic. :)

Big Hugs!
Connie